Owen Smith (stage name “Owen Benjamin”) is an alt-right, neo-Nazi supporter “entertainer” that spreads antisemitism, Holocaust denial, and conspiracy theories via social media.
Examples of Owen’s vile antisemitism include the following:
- In February 2019, Owen shared a graphic on Instagram (now deleted) with a quote probably originating from white supremacist but falsely attributed to the French philosopher Voltaire, that read “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize” an antisemitic theory popular amongst Jew haters that want to imply Jews control the world.”
- Just earlier this week, Minister Rodney Muhammad, the President of the Philadelphia chapter of the NAACP, posted a similar image with the same white supremacist quote falsely attributed to French philosopher Voltaire which also contains images of actor and rapper Ice Cube, Philadelphia Eagles star DeSean Jackson and TV host Nick Cannon – all who have recently made antisemitic posts.
- In a YouTube livestream in March 2019 (now deleted), he claimed Adolf Hitler “Really what he was trying to do was clean Germany, clean it of the parasites, of the fleas. He did not hate Jews. He hated filth and he was trying to clean up.”
- In the same YouTube livestream Benjamin yelled “Jews run our entire media, all of Hollywood, all of pornography” and “if they get power, they will destroy your entire civilization! Has anyone not seen that happening?
- In April 2019, Benjamin posted a (now deleted) image of text that read: “For the record I like a lot of Jews. They’re just usually the ones who act like non-Jews.”
- In June 2019, Benjamin wrote in another (now deleted) Instagram post “Not all Jews own the press but all press is owned by the Jews…”
- In numerous YouTube videos, he is seen wearing his favorite “grabbler” mask while mocking Jews and antisemitism. The mask is an antisemitic caricature used to portray a greedy, hook-nosed thief.
- In March 2020, in the midst of the COVID19 crisis, Owen referred to the virus as “Holocough” – an antisemitic term relating to the word “Holocaust”. The slang is used to encourage spreading the virus to kill Jews.
- In April 2020, a Twitter user uploaded a video footage of Benjamin singing a parody version of the song “Where everybody knows your name,” by Gary Portnoy. He altered the song to include “Corona was a stupid thing, invented by Masons & Jews”, ultimately blaming the Jewish people for starting the worst global pandemic the world has seen in a century.
While Owen Benjamin’s Twitter account has been suspended and his YouTube Channel deleted for violating community standards on hate, we need YOUR help to remove this vile Jew hating bigot from Instagram where is he still spreading his antisemitism.