Elijah Schaffer is a radical political commentator and host of the ‘Slightly Offensive’ podcast, where he hosts vile antisemites and spreads dangerous conspiracy theories against the Jewish people to his nearly one million social media followers. Schaffer gained notoriety when he began to clash over his controversial reporting style with his then-boss Glenn Beck of The Blaze. Amid the ongoing controversy, Schaffer was hit with a sexual assault allegation that led to his dismissal from Glenn Beck and Blaze Media.
On multiple occasion Schaffer has invited Jew-hater Nick Fuentes on his podcast. Fuentes was named StopAntisemitism’s “Antisemite of the Week” for his leadership in the ‘Groyper Army’, a neo-Nazi organization that espouses antisemitic rhetoric against the American Jewish community. Fuentes is also a Holocaust denier who pushes Kanye West’s Jew-hatred across college campuses.
In October 2022, after Kanye threatened to go “Death con 3” on the Jewish people, Elijah Schaffer chastised those who censored Kanye’s threats as it hindered any room for a “healthy public debate.” He contributed to a series of tweets that mocked American Jews who took offense to being physically threatened by the disgraced rapper.
During an episode of The Blaze’s “You Are Here,” Schaffer criticized foreign influence in U.S. politics, including countries like Qatar, China, and Russia. However, he also mentioned the nonexistent “Zionist Movement of America” as a sponsor of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) and accused Israel of exploiting “the greed of Americans.” By including Israel in his discussion of foreign influence, Schaffer perpetuated the dangerous antisemitic trope of Jewish and Israeli control over U.S. policy.
In August 2022, weeks before his firing from Blaze Media, Schaffer hosted a panel of racist and antisemitic guests. The three delved into gross racial stereotypes of various marginalized groups. The men spoke about Jewish bakeries and media involvement where one host said, “they love ovens.” Schaffer responded, “Why do you think I work here? If you want to get into media, who are you going to work for?” He followed with, “Keep your inner circle white so your sh*t doesn’t get stolen.”
Elijah Schaffer’s antisemitism is not limited to his podcast; examples of his anti-Jewish bigotry include:
- In February 2021, Schaffer tweeted, “Remember when Hitler and the Jews had different cultural norms?”
- In August 2022, in response to StopAntisemitism linking the Parkland Shooter’s motivation to Jew-hatred, Schaffer responded, “spinning this killing into antisemitism mocks both the victims of this killing & real antisemitism.”
- In February 2023, in response to Palestinians training children soldiers to murder Israelis, Schaffer compared Israelis to Nazis by tweeting, “If any white country treated POC the way Israelis treat Palestinians, they’d be called Nazis.”
Most shockingly, last week Schaffer asked his 624,000 followers on Twitter if they believed that “Jews disproportionately control the world institutions, banks, & are waging war on white, western society?” Nearly two million Twitter users viewed the tweet with more than 94,000 votes being cast, and as of Friday 49.5% voted “Yes, 100%” and 22.3% voted “Yes, it’s complicated.”
Throughout the global pandemic, Elijah Schaffer made a habit of comparing COVID-19 regulations to the Holocaust, including:
- In August 2020, LAPD were called to the house party of an influencer at a time when public gatherings were encouraged to be minimal. Schaffer tweeted, “These people would have reported the Jews to the Gestapo.”
- In December 2021, the Illinois Holocaust Museum announced their requirements of COVID-19 vaccination cards for their visitors. Schaffer tweeted them with the caption, “Are Jews allowed in without papers?”
The International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance (IHRA) working definition of antisemitism defines antisemitism as the act of making false, dehumanizing, demonizing, or stereotypical claims about Jews, including the propagation of harmful myths like a global Jewish conspiracy or Jews having control over the media, economy, government, or other societal institutions. Schaffer’s ongoing harassment and flagrant libel of global “power” and “control” against the Jewish people directly contradicts IHRA’s definition of antisemitism.
StopAntisemitism needs YOUR help. Upon his dismissal from The Blaze, Schaffer moved his podcast to Rumble. Email Rumble and demand they permanently sever ties with Elijah Schaffer over his dangerous Jew-hatred.